Thursday, November 20, 2008

Eating in Stockholm

I'm not a foodie by nature, but it's really fun to travel with people who are and of course to eat well. One of the neatest places we stopped was this cafe Swedish Tina recommended. Pastries the size of my head. I couldn't have loved it more. 
Charlene also brought us to a great food hall where moose was in ample supply. Try not to feel sorry for them; they apparently have a ginormous population and cause many traffic accidents. 
We even made our own dinner one night to partake of the full hostel experience. I think Shera and Charlene went with reindeer. I think I broke the oven. 
And another dining discovery: Stockholm is not the drinker's paradise someone living in Munich comes to expect of Europe. They tax alcohol pretty heavily and seem to serve nothing too heavy to lift with one hand. But they do have free water and bathrooms which are a lovely consolation.   


3 comments:

Sarah said...

They eat moose? You must have hated that Moose. Stockholm isn't a drinkers paradise. That's great. I bet they never run out of ice. I hope you bring me back a Swedish gift. Steal something casual. You broke the oven? I think it's a goner. The food does look good. Do you think he want's some cheese? Eat your roll!!

em said...

Sarah, i love your theme. i look forward to your next syllable with great eagerness.

Anonymous said...

Thanks for the Arthur flashback. You make your mother proud.