Tuesday, November 4, 2008

Moseltal

We spent our Sunday exploring the Moseltal where the valleys surrounding the Mosel River are filled with castles and vineyards. Our first stop was Burg Eltz. The castle and the surrounding area are so beautiful.


Our next stop was in Cochem where we enjoyed the thousand year old castle and a great Italian restaurant.

There's a great view from the castle too.
And finally, we rallied for a final stop in Ehrenburg for a castle built in 1120. The day we happened by, local kids were having a Halloween party with spooky castle tours and cookies baked in a big Hansel and Gretel oven. German kids get all the cool stuff.

3 comments:

Anonymous said...

And I thought Traverse City had great wineries with stunning views! You may have locked us in to European Vacation part zwei with those pics.

Sarah said...

Hey - Can I join in the European Vacation part zwei fun? I can wear a beret with my name on it. I can have the nice lady at the Lilly Haus carry my lugguge. If you let me drive, I can run over some poor sap on his bicycle. Sounds fun.

Helly said...

Love the castle pics Em.

I would love to go back to Europe.

Ho-ha-ha, I will give you dishwater, you won't know the difference, ho-ha-ha.