Monday, November 24, 2008

Museum Going in Stockholm


What? Too much Sweden? That's unpossible. I stole that from Ralph Wiggum as he expressed his disbelief over failing English. 

But yes, last Sweden post. I had to share this really cool Viking ship, which was created in the 1600's for King Gustavus Adolphus for use against Poland but which sunk within a mile of the harbor. Apparently, it was top heavy. Like wealth in America. or all of the waitresses at the coffee shop in Seinfeld. And a small breeze blew it over. 

I did not know that there was a skirmish between Sweden and Poland. I apologize, Swedish Tina, if this was my people's fault. Nor did I know any of these cool new words which I intended to post separately but decided to make a rider on this post:

God Jul: That's Swedish for Merry Christmas. But if I were a Julie, I'd feel pretty awesome.

Hiss: Just an elevator. Boo. Hiss.

Skum: It's foam. But it's used in funny places like a huge SKUM sign on the wall indicating the fire safety equipment and Jul Skum, a foam like Christmas candy.

Slut: The end. The last station is the slutstation.

Puss: A lot of speculation went on with this one. We saw the word everywhere with hearts and such and wondered at the emphasis on festering wounds. It means kiss though. 

3 comments:

Jul said...

So you couldn't find me a present that said "Jul Skum"?

Anonymous said...

hey em thanks for the trip to sweden. my mothers dad came over through ellis island from that great country,(icould have said city but you would have laughed to long). i was also proud of you and sarah over the arthur moments
love you
terri

em said...

I can at least send a picture of Juleskum, though I though having god with your name would be sweeter.

Terri, for you...

Fish all bathe together. Though they do tend to eat one another. I often think... fish must get awful tired of sea food. What are you thoughts?