Wednesday, November 5, 2008

yeah yeah America!

I wanted so badly to stay awake to see the election results last night, but I had to fold. I had a great time watching some early election coverage and anticipating the best with Jay and Fredrick but headed home around midnight. I shared a subway cart with four really drunk German teenagers who were talking about how great Obama is. When I told them that I voted for him, they tried to give me their McDonalds french fries. And today, I had strangers on the street congratulating me. I am so happy for us. 

2 comments:

Anonymous said...

It really is exciting even without free fries, although that would be very nice (said like Borat).

Sarah said...

French fries, voted number one for snack in mouth. (also said like Borat)
The results were exciting to watch. I thought about cousin Nick in Chicago with the big celebration. I am happy for us too. Yeah!