If Germany were a pool table, Köningssee would be in the right corner pocket. It's just south of Salzburg and a little less than a two hour drive from Munich. There are much closer places we have yet to hike, but Köningssee is the highest, cleanest lake in Germany and was described by my big Germany book as "fjord-like" which I thought I should witness, should I never encounter an actual fjord. Though it was about fifty degrees, we partook of a boat ride. In German, boat ride is Schifffahrt with three consecutive f's. Oh how my standards of warm have changed. Here you see the chapel St. Bartholomä and the green glass looking water.
Sunday, October 26, 2008
Köningssee
If Germany were a pool table, Köningssee would be in the right corner pocket. It's just south of Salzburg and a little less than a two hour drive from Munich. There are much closer places we have yet to hike, but Köningssee is the highest, cleanest lake in Germany and was described by my big Germany book as "fjord-like" which I thought I should witness, should I never encounter an actual fjord. Though it was about fifty degrees, we partook of a boat ride. In German, boat ride is Schifffahrt with three consecutive f's. Oh how my standards of warm have changed. Here you see the chapel St. Bartholomä and the green glass looking water.
Subscribe to:
Post Comments (Atom)
3 comments:
Seriously! You'd wear a jacket if it was less than 70F in Texas! I so miss walking with you this time of year...the weather has been amazing.
oh, i wore a full on coat on the boatride; i just thought i was a trooper for gearing up. i miss walking with you tons!
I'll get you some electric socks for Christmas. Then you can re-gift them when you move back to Texas.
Post a Comment