I finally mustered some motivation and courage and joined a gym today. There was some trepidation, but I boldly signed a temporary contract and ventured into my first class. I had to choose between Wierbelsaüle and Vital Kompakt. I'm not sure what either title means, but I opted for the latter and found myself with an instructor much like Corey but Deutsch.
He was very nice, but there were still a few things that I wasn't entirely comfortable with: one exercise in which everyone balls up their towel and does kind of a ride the pony for an upper thigh crunch (I looked around for hidden cameras first),very personal instruction during planks where the guy put his hand between people's thighs to demonstrate that they weren't squeezing enough, (it's okay mom, much like Corey means much like Jeré) and the instances after he realized I wasn't understanding him and started talking only to me in English so everyone knew I was doing something a bit off.
I thought I'd been daring enough for one day, and decided to brave the co-ed sauna another day. Tomorrow there is a class called "hot iron." I sure hope it's lift and not actually hot iron.
4 comments:
...and three boys!
Riding the pony en masse. That's awesome. There should be cameras! I can't stop laughing.
OMG! I laughed so hard reading this post. Please, please try "hot iron"! I'm dying to know what they make you do...
Did your instructor say "Sagenhaft" when he saw your expertise at the pony dance?
Post a Comment