Monday, September 1, 2008

Crazy Crystal Worlds

If Willy Wonka, Herbie Hancock, and the lady who moved into Beetlejuice's house had to work together using only shiny objects, the result would be much like Kristallwelten in Austria. Kristallwelten, or Crystal Worlds, is one of the craziest and most unique places I could imagine. Really, take the bizarre tour of the website.  I was worried that it would be a creepy ploy to go make you buy Swarovski crystals, but it really wasn't. I immediately loved the big giant face spewing water entrance and the room that makes you feel like you're trapped inside a diamond ring, perhaps not so much the disembodied dancing legs (picture of this was too scary to include), but I was taken by the whimsy overall.

3 comments:

Anonymous said...

That place is crystal crazy! Kind of cool but kind of scary. I love it! I'm putting it on my list of places to see before I die. That and Wally World.

Anonymous said...

If that bottle cap sculpture is art, there is a guy in Dalton Township whose fence must be worth a fortune!!

em said...

just make sure Wally World is open before you drive out. Don't wait for the moose to tell you on the way in.