I think this was my favorite picture from today's parade, the grand entry of the Oktoberfest landlords and breweries in which all the Oktoberfest beer houses have floats, and there are beer bands and lots of pretty ladies in dirndls. I like how the guys on the right are having a very J.Crew moment with their preppy tracht and the contrast to the disinterested cell phone girl. very funny.
It was a joy to watch the parade and to watch the people watching the parade. Some of my favorite parts were the beautiful horses decorated to match their beer houses and the adorable kids in traditional dress, especially the little girl in heart tights dancing in front of us.
At the end of the parade, the humongous crowd follows the procession to watch the mayor tap the first keg and say "O'zapft is!" This means "they keg is tapped, eh," and the party can get started.
2 comments:
Man that looks fun!! I had an Oktoberfest beer at a brewery in Cleveland yesterday with you in mind.
Let it be Lowenbraeu, that's what I always say! That parade looks like so much fun!
Post a Comment