If I were to make a Venn Diagram, as we so often do in education, comparing Käfer tent to Hofbräu, I'd start with similarities: people in traditional garb, lots of beer, great festivity, live music, dancing on tables, likelihood of injury (hit my big forehead on lamp while dancing on table). But the differences are striking.
The fancy scene here with tablecloth would so not be found in the more raucous, less hygenic Hofbräu. Nein, Käfer was much more understated, cozy, and foodie friendly. Perhaps a bit fancy pants.
On the way into Käfer, we witnessed the filming of a show that appeared to be a German elimiDate. In Hofbräu, there were drunk guys filming girls' chests without their knowledge.
In Käfer, I didn't even wait in line at the bathroom. Shoving and twenty or so minutes of waiting are involved in Hofbräu bathroom trips. You have to get in line and the first twinge and fight your way to the front. and bring your own toilet paper.
The waitresses at Käfer smiled and danced and didn't rough up people in their way. I caught an elbow from a Hofbräu waitress last week. She had a tattoo of the devil on her right tata.
It would really be tough to have to pick a favorite.
2 comments:
That is like comparing the WLT to Dockers. There are not yellow dollar bills and beer can chimes on the ceiling of Dockers, but you could probably sit on the toilet seat. Love them both!
Maria Lou! Ahhh, excellent comparison. I feel now that I accurately conveyed the essence of each location's allure.
Post a Comment