Tuesday, September 30, 2008

I Heart Fall!


It's really been six years since I've had a real autumn with changing leaves and crisp air and walking tacos at football games. Not that there are walking tacos here, but I'm enjoying the other things, especially the crazy colors and fall smell. I had forgotten all about that. Thus I opted to skip my Vital Kompakt class this morning and instead stroll by the Isar River. 
In an unrelated thought, Bird, Karolyn, Kerry, and Julie, I had a dream that you were all having girls. (Julie Spahn. Don't worry Julie G.)

7 comments:

Wendy B said...

oh, so that's what Fall looks like! Beautiful!

Anonymous said...

A girl? Sweet! Hopefully sometime soon we can see if you are right!

krhagan said...

Beautiful photos!

We won't find out if the baby is a girl or not until October 24th! I've already started to feel the baby move though - this one is as active as Jack was!!

Anonymous said...

so now Emily and the Chinese calendar are both predicting a girl for us! i guess we'll find out on Tuesday the 7th!

Anonymous said...

Fall... Central Park is beautiful in the fall. I'm sure Englischer Garten will be, as well.

In honor of fall...

O WORLD, I cannot hold thee close enough!
Thy winds, thy wide grey skies!
Thy mists that roll and rise!
Thy woods, this autumn day, that ache and sag
And all but cry with colour! That gaunt crag
To crush! To lift the lean of that black bluff!
World, World, I cannot get thee close enough!

Long have I known a glory in it all,
But never knew I this;
Here such a passion is
As stretcheth me apart. Lord, I do fear
Thou'st made the world too beautiful this year.
My soul is all but out of me,—let fall
No burning leaf; prithee, let no bird call.


- Edna St. Vincent Millay
#130. God's World

em said...

bird, that's only five days away!

thanks for the great poem charlene. it makes me feel like maybe walking tacos among the best imagery to capture the season. :)

Helly said...

Dang...I swear I left a comment on here already. Love the pics Em.