What we had initially considered an adequate price range seemed to land us in a category of special kinds of weird. While space was a concern everywhere, we encountered a range of other issues in the first day which according to my notes include smelly kitchens, mildew, sad views, funky carpet, dark twisty stairs, black painted walls, and dudes' underpants on the floor sunny side up.
Alas, day 2 brought more fortunate circumstances. After a few more variations on dodgy, one apartment directly over a cheese store with distinct cheesiness in every room, arguably cheesier than I am, one apartment on the top floor of a medical practice building with patients waiting expectantly throughout the hallways, we loved the last one. It was the 20th one we'd seen, and we kept looking for the element of weird that was seemingly absent. We put an offer in this morning and are waiting nervously for it to be accepted.
In the meantime, here are some of the things I loved from apartments other than the one we want. This one had a beautiful stairway, but all of the windows were small and partially obscured.
This is the entryway to one of my favorites, reconstructed from a church building. neat!
And this is the outside of one that we could tour with the exclusion of the bedroom where the owner's brother was sleeping off a bender.
*I wasn't lying at you about having 18 scheduled on day 1, Clayton Knorr. Some just got cancelled.
6 comments:
The pictures of the apartment rejects look great. I can't wait to see the one that you fancy. Good luck with the offer!
Crossing my fingers for you!
This might be your most humorous blog entry to date. Sunny side up. That actually put me off my feed for a minute.
Thanks for the shoutout.
Where is my shoutout? The 20th apartment, with an appointment facilitated by scatterlined over the phone!
I hope it all works out as desired. And I hope you made sure the guest accommodations are up to my standards.
thanks lou, we're still waiting and nervous over the offer. egads.
julie, thanks chica. they press their thumbs here for luck. i'm trying both.
clayton knorr, i'm glad you find humor in the sketchy. maybe i should have included the series of mold photos. next time!
scatterlined, you have been so wrongfully deprived of due credit here. i tried to buy jul a thank you drink in the spirit of your saving the day, but i ran out of money and she just had to then buy mine. you'd think i could at least get the shoutout down.
Good luck em, how exciting. I'd love to pretend I was on house hunters international. If you stay above the cheese place, I can say it's the gouda and not my feet that stink. :) We accepted an offer on our house and hopefully will be building soon. Yeah!
Post a Comment