Friday, July 24, 2009

Movin' Right Along

I've been spending an embarrassing amount of time on the computer compulsively scanning the new apartments on London rental websites. It's tough to find one that's cheery looking, in our price range, big enough, 600 square feet should be enough right?, and reasonably located for Jeremy's commute to Green Park.  
If we didn't need to be within 20 minutes or so of Jeremy's work, I'd choose a place based on the great names and likely live near Goodge Street, Elephant and Castle, Pudding Mill Lane, or Shepherd's Bush; however, none of these really makes sense for us. 
We leave for our apartment hunting extravaganza in two days and have two days there in which we have to find our place so we'll have somewhere to come back to in September when we return to London with all of our stuff we can't give away or sell in Houston.
We have the movers here right now, and they're the nicest guys. Jeremy assured me that I can't understand everything they're saying because it's Bayrisch, but I did understand a conversation they were having about how to label our boxes. They were talking about how they should start writing names in English for us. Like the kangaroo graphic, so cute.
I don't want to leave Munich of course, but I do love moving. I think maybe it's because anytime I hear the word moving or of course movin', this is what pops into my head:

3 comments:

Birdie said...

We rented the Muppet movie not too long ago!
Love it :-)

I can't wait to see you soon! Have fun in London!

Sarah said...

I'm going to have that song stuck in my head all day. Thanks a lot. I hope you can meet the "duke of earl" in London. :) Love you!

em said...

bird, i love that animal: I want to eat drums! not eat drums, beat drums.

sar, it's a great song. dunka dunk dunka dunk.