We also took our last big hike in Bavaria, for awhile at least, last week in Brauneck. I love the big noisy-belled cows who stand right on the path, quite unaware.
The well marked path markers overgrown with wildflowers.

And the ongoing practice with German. Okay so let me use the year's worth of classes to translate this sign at the peak of the mountain:
And the ongoing practice with German. Okay so let me use the year's worth of classes to translate this sign at the peak of the mountain:
The place where the sky and the earth touch is the place where men touch themselves.
Wait, that can't be right. Can it?
We also had a spectacular going away party. I thought about posting the whole set of Jul's pictures, but she is quite sane to keep them private. As it might be tough to explain certain parts, like when everyone was getting back cracks. So this is our picture with the most people in focus.

2 comments:
Gee, I just find you blog and you're leaving Germany? We just arrived here a few months ago. I have started a blog from our departure from the U.S. I enjoyed your post!
expats-thanks for the kind words. i'm sure you can tell that we're very reluctantly leaving Germany. I'm sure you'll have a wonderful stay here. :)
Post a Comment