I hate to group together all of the distinctly badass towns in this region, but I really ought to turn my attention a bit more toward apartment hunting as we must find one in less than ten days. Thus, the highlights reel of our time in this area, mostly spent hiking, involves the following:
Mürren: a town inaccessible by car and a favorite of Jul's. Wengen: also inaccessible by car, we took a train to this city, ate at this great pizza place, and hiked to the following lookout over the valley.
Gimmelwald: why yes, this town is also inaccessible by car, but a short gondola ride brought us there straight away to their cute pastures and yard art, and we hiked home.
Lauterbrunnen: my favorite of the places we visited, Lauterbrunnen is a tiny town at the foot of the world's largest U-shaped valley surrounded by waterfalls and other cute things, like this woodpile I thought I'd include to give dad some ideas.
Grindelwald: our final destination from which we took the bahn to a glacier hike. very cold, glaciers.
2 comments:
I am glad you enjoyed this trip. These are my favorite places. I have been to Murren, Gimmelwald and Lauterbrunen at least 6 or 7 times. And in my opinion, the Lauterbrunen valley is the most beautiful place on the planet! Simply stunning....Your photos captured the beauty nicely.
Moe
moe! i had no idea you've been. you've been everywhere. thanks for the props man!
Post a Comment