Monday, December 8, 2008

Weihnachtsmarkt am Rotkreuzplatz

I curse myself every time I don't bring a camera out. Now you, reader, shall suffer as you read my accounts without visual aids. I'll have to describe Christmas drink number 11, the Wintertraum (winter dream) which Julie so thoughtfully purchased for me while she drank the suckier drink I talked her into getting for the funniness of the title. How can you not get the Heisse Oma? Come on, get the Heisse Oma! It really was pretty good though. like a caramel. with nutmeg. but served in a sissy glass. While mine was a perfectly respectable mug. 
And then we decided to venture into unknown Munich territory. No, not Pasing. Rotkreuzplatz, the square of the red cross, where we enjoyed crepes and my twelfth Christmas drink to date: the Glühwein with insane amounts of Zimt. Zimt seems so much more exotic and fancy than cinnamon. So much Zimt that there was palpable Zimt sludge at the bottom. I think there may be another drink or two out there I may hit before coming home next Tuesday, so I will hold off on my culminating Christmas drink chart.  

4 comments:

Anonymous said...

Emily, I am starting to worry about you. Drink number eleven? What day were you born? The eleventh of May (Mother's day for the readers that don't know}. What was your lifetime address before you went out on your own? Eleven Wolf Lake Road. What about the birthday of your first Niece? October 11th. Now this is a stretch but your Dad's hockey Number was .... Yes! Eleven.

Anonymous said...

And yes, mom drank 11 beers before she wrote that :)

Sarah said...

ooh ooh - Em, tell mom how old you were when you had your first sexual experience.

em said...

numerology gone bad