My most recent Christmas market adventure took me to Nuremberg with the Grellmann girls. When I got home, Jeremy asked me if their Christmas market is all that, and I must assert that it really is.
The town itself is incredible, but covered in garland, lights, nutcrackers, and Glühwein stands, it makes you feel like you're in a giant Christmas card. I guess Munich does too, but it's a totally different Christmas card.
So Sunday I rode the bus with St. Nick, and today Merissa, Shera, and I checked out with our Frohes Fest garland with Nuremberg's official Christmas Angel. It's pretty festive over here.


And not only did I get to try Feuerzangenbowle, I got to sample Feuerzangenbowle from the largest Feuerzangenbowle in the world (The giant red cauldron over my shoulder). Loved it. I'm not sure how people make do with a smaller container.
And not only did I get to try Feuerzangenbowle, I got to sample Feuerzangenbowle from the largest Feuerzangenbowle in the world (The giant red cauldron over my shoulder). Loved it. I'm not sure how people make do with a smaller container.
5 comments:
We're jealous. Lo-Al at Christmas is pretty cool, but much less fancy, and sans giant cauldron of whatever hot toddy you've got going there. We need to bring that tradition back to west Michigan. I can see it now, an old pickle tank from Swanson's, some cheap cocoa and homemade hooch. Can't fail.
the pickle tank is really the detail that makes the plan a winner. maybe though you should opt for wolf lake as your destination where the target audience is a little more concentrated. you'll run the wolf lake tavern into the ground.
What is in your purse?!?! :)
shera, almost as much stuff as there is in the bowl.
Mmmmmm, Feuerzangenbowle!! Ok, I guess it's time to stop dragging my feet and get out to the Weihnachtsmarkt. A cup of that stuff and a Halbmeterwurst makes me wonder how I survived 28 years without it!
Post a Comment