Thursday, December 11, 2008

Dates in Bacon Coats

My Christmas marketing season is quickly coming to a close, and Regensburg is too cute and too close to miss. Jul, Shera, Christine and I rolled with another Bayern ticket and met our sweet friend Sarah and some of her sweet friends who gave us a great Christmas market tour. 
Sarah alleges that hippies take people on camel rides at one market. I didn't score a camel ride, but I did get drink 13: the wildberry Glühwein with fruit? I add a question mark in keeping with the original sign. It left me thinking the fruit may be in question. or maybe the drink wasn't available at all. very Ron Burgundy. Ha, reminds me of the quizzical question mark in Maria and Jason's written wedding vows: I take you to be my wife? The next drink on the menu is the Heisser Pflaumentraum. The hot plum dream. also funny.
And the next Christmas market was a big fun one with lots of distracting shiny things that led to my being temporarily lost from the group. And the weird things in the guy's hand below: the aforementioned dates in bacon coats. That was such a better title than Regensburg Weihnachtsmärkte. My mission was to ask in German if they might have bacon coats in my size. I accepted the mission but failed, only managing to ask to take a picture. I sensed they might not be in the mood for shenanigans in broken German.  

4 comments:

NoSweatTravel said...

Sizzling silliness! :-) Fun snapshots of the Xmas market too!

Joemamma said...

I love bacon wrapped anything but dates... well i guess, did you try them?

Anonymous said...

I am so tempted to go back (after several Pflaumenträumen) and ask for a bacon coat in my size. I still giggle when I walk past that kiosk.

Which reminds me, have you seen this? Click it, it's not dirty.

em said...

christine! thanks chica, i'd love to see your pictures!

joooeee! no way, i don't care for bacon or dates or any fruit meat combination otherwise.

sarah! please come through on the dare in which I failed. no matter what the cost in hot plum dreams. and that is one awesome link. i'll put this on jul's gift list for the avid traveler.