We might have told you a while ago that we were going to stay on in Munich through December, but our plans have so changed. That's right, just like Peter Brady's voice in the puberty hits episode.
Jeremy is taking a new job in London, and we're working on the logisitics of how to see our friends and family, find and furnish our new apartment, quit paying for storage, and celebrate the weddings of sister Rachel P. Coltrain and favorite cousin Amy this summer. With as little damage to mother nature as we could manage. This might not seem immediately sensible, but Jeremy's new company is going to let him start in New York so we can go to both weddings and still manage a week in Houston before we make our full-on move to London. 
I realize this leaves a lot of unanswered questions. For example, what am I going to do in London? err, other than move there, I've got some work to do regarding this sudden change of plans. I don't think opportunities to take German classes through the government, teach English to the locals, biergarden, or hike in the Alps are going to be as ubiquitous. Maybe apply to Hogwarts. 
What are you going to do with all your stuff? yeah, good one. sell our car and house I think. Ship what will fit into our dramatically reduced space and have one big yard sale. Lou, I'm so scared to ship your artwork. I'm still trying to think of a safe plan for it. Apologize to those of you who are currently holding our stuff for us. Ship some home to mom too. You're still cleaning out an attic for me right mom?
How excited are you about the move? Jeremy's pretty excited about the new job, but I think we're both pretty hesitant to leave such a charming, interesting place. I love a million things about Munich, but I'm really looking forward to finding all the things to love about London. The other more worldly, well-traveled chicas here assure me of London's fabulousness, and I totally believe them.
5 comments:
Congrats, I'm sure London is going to be great for you crazy Redenii. I think we hear London calling in 2010. Can't wait to see you both soon.
Will the Blog Remain ... Redenii in Deutschland?
Because that seems to suggest that you will continue to live in Germany, so I guess the question is, does the blog make the transition in its present form, or will everything have to migrate.
Also, watch our for Animals ... UK is an island, and thus, much more inclined to catastrophic uprisings, as evidenced by 28 Days (and weeks) later.
If you need to store any of Maria's artwork, our house is open. he he he. We love you no matter where you are. :) sha na na na na na na na na. sha na na na na!
helly-london is indeed calling you. and they're requesting that you get tetanus free before entering the country. just kidding, visit soon!
nick-excellent question about the blog and commentary about our imminent doom. i think i might address this in a separate post, perhaps offering prizes for our next title. the winner might get a week of redenii in their guest suite.
sarah-thanks man, but the shipping is my problem more than the storing. also, you could totally be in the silver platters.
I guess we don't have much time then before the blog does Brit and the beer gets warmer, oi!
We will have to have grill out soon..
Post a Comment