Monday, June 8, 2009

Redenii in Bodensee


Bodensee, or Lake Constance in English, is a stunning lake bordered by Germany, Austria, and Switzerland. Tom, Carla, Dawn, Jeremy and I spent the weekend strolling around some of the adorable towns on the German side of the lake including Lindau with its gorgeous harbor and Grand Haven like feel that made me hungry for ice cream. I got one too. Lambada flavor. I think it was just cherry, but the name held all the allure of the forbidden dance. 
And we got to stay in the sweetest hotel in the world in the medieval city of Meersburg where eight year old Max checked us in while wearing a chef hat.
And our final stop before T and Carla and cousin Dawn hit the open road in search of fondue and Liebfrauenmilch (name of wine with questionable translation: love women milk) was Wasserburg.
It's always a little sad to come home to an empty house after having so much fun with company, but we're glad we get to see our families again in August (yeah Rachel's wedding!) and we also get to see Ali in a couple short days! wooowoooo Ali! Thanks again guys for coming and for all of the U.S. goods, especially the Twizzlers I'm eating while I write this. 

4 comments:

Maria said...

What a great little town. After the Lambada you could partake in the Lemon Merengue :) I can't wait to see you in just a few short months!

em said...

that was the best ice cream joke i've had since praylines and cream

Sarah said...

Then you could have a vanilla and chocolate "twist." come on baby...

Anonymous said...

Emily,
You take absolutely amazing pictures! I am convinced that there is now no need for me to travel to Germany because I've seen it thru your pictures! I just don't see how the real thing could be any more beautiful or interesting! Keep up the great work!!
--Luanne