When I got to the ER, soccer players were well represented in the waiting room. One guy still had his cleats on while he was getting some kind of drip for a dislocated shoulder. I found Jeremy behind a mountain of gauze that obscured the whole top of his head and wrapped under his chin. Next to him was his identically Frankensteined friend Wolfgang with whom he had clunked heads. They both looked really nervous and had blood around their noses. It was awfully sad.
But today, we trimmed Jeremy's bandage down to a quarter of its original size.
And for the first time since Sunday night, he let me have a peek at it. And we were both pleasantly surprised. It looks more like three or four stitches rather than the six he thought he counted while they were sewing him up. And it's not as high as I thought it was, assuaging our worries that he would have a scar like Harry Potter's from Voldemort's failed attempt to kill him.
He's still got some swelling in the corners of his eyes and some shiner action, but he's pretty chipper. He didn't even mind that I kept taking his picture during breakfast.
5 comments:
Awe...look at poor Jer. That's sad. But, hey at least the scar will make for interesting conversations, right?
Sweet ... Another Post to start adding blog titles ...
Ok, now where were we?
HarryPotterAndTheStitchedUpRedenii
HarryPotterScaRedenii
JeremyGotPoppedInDaFaceBlog
ThisNeverHappensInTexas
LIVE!FromAGermanHospital
TellEveryoneItWasAKnifeFightInjury
IGotThisScaRedeniiWhileDefendingMyWifesHonorFromMultipleNinjas
DontMessWithTheRedenii
Hooligenii
CrossOffVisitGermanHospitalOnMyThingsToDoList
... Oh yeah, take care of your head Jeremy ...
Damn ... That long one was ...
IGotThisScarWhile-
DefendingMyWifesHonor-
FromMultipleNinjas
oh yeah, you could also go with ...
ChuckNorrisVisitsMunich
JeremysForeHeadWillCrushYourSkull ...
Sorry, this is getting out of hand ...
Jeremy-I was hoping to enlarge your face to better examine your eyes and check for reflections of the speedo man. That injury is going to draw questions. "You should see the other guy!" would be a great answer. I would love to see Wolfgang's injury too but Em would be in danger trying to get a face shot of him while he was eating his cheerio's.
Hey guys, thanks for the sympathy.
Ali: yep, a new conversation piece for when people get tired of hearing me talk about chem...oh my god! What's that between your eyebrows?!?
Nick: as a result of this incident do I have a greater risk of getting rabies or becoming a zombie?
Margaret: you SHOULD see the other guy. Poor fella got the worse end of the deal. 10+ stitches in the middle of the forehead, harry potter style!
Post a Comment