Thursday, January 1, 2009

Cheers!!

2009 is beginning so swimmingly. We're enjoying great friends, cheap margaritas, fabulous lodging with Bird and Emil and Nick and Kristin, crazy sales including the $1.64 shirt I'm currently wearing from Target, and this unusual yellow orb in the sky. Sorry Munich and Michigan, you don't get that much sunshine.
Thank you so much Urbanos for the super stellar New Year bash where we so enjoyed your lovely company, all of your friends, Luanne!, your cuter than Snoopy beagles, rock band and the various talents showcased therein. 
I'm currently compiling a long list of resolutions; among them, speaking better German, using Flicker, getting a library card, eating fewer pretzels, and learning how to do a myriad of other things like using an SLR, driving a manual, working our oven, using the metric system, etc. 


5 comments:

Jul said...

Happy new year! I think you should reconsider that 'eating fewer pretzels' resolution. I'm pretty sure eating more pretzels helps you learn German. Perhaps add 'learn to appreciate Weissbier' to the list. :)

Anonymous said...

I was so glad to see you on the blog this morning. I was beginning to worry. I should have known you were just having fun. I could enlarge the picture where you flashed in the mirror. I could see Jeremy's face in the mirror. I recognized him from the back too. Someone has there arm around your man Em.
Love you and miss you both.

Anonymous said...

hey i didn't see guitar hero did i?em we have sunshine when you and jeremy are home.

Sarah said...

I too am confused with the eating fewer pretzel resolution. German pretzels rock!! I'm going to add visiting Germany more on my list. Working an oven is overrated too. Just make reservations for dinner, that's my favorite.

em said...

Jul! I'll strike that from my list and happily make that switch. Starting with Radlers was my first step, but I can't stop progressing.

Mom, that's cool, it's just Ali. She gets creeped out when Jeremy even winks at her.

Anon, thanks man!

Sar, yes yes, more Germany! You didn't even come close to seeing all of the biergartens. Though the ground you covered is quite impressive.