According to one of my guidebooks, the Alte Pinakothek (Old Picture Gallery) rivals the Louvre for high style display. I don't think people know it though, as Shera and I were nearly the sole art onlookers today. It was awesome, but in a weird kind of way, like when they set up the Bachelor and his dates as the only ones in a movie theatre or ballpark or similar venue. So we were able to speak freely while we checked out the da Vincis, Titians (I know what you're thinking, Jul), Bueghels and a ton of scantily clad Rubens. Lots of religious art and tatas. And we got to have cappucinos in the beautiful cafe there.
Some of my favorites:
8 comments:
You do such fun things. I want to come visit. We miss ya!
Great job incorportaing pictures of cows into your museum visit Em! I think the top picture is from the Wolf Lake Tavern.
Sar, I'm eagerly awaiting your next visit and missing you tons. I hope you enjoy your time off next week!
Lou, that's funny because the title of that work translates to paradise. I wonder who would think of the Wolf Lake Tavern as paradise.
i do
miss and love you
terri
miss you tons too Terri!
and the WLT does have a pretty awesome new jukebox...
another Em in munich! How wonderful. I think your photos are amazing. Same places I see everyday, but I put them in a new light... thanks!
YOu are so lucky! I would love to browse art galleries. wooo!
wow, that cafe really is gorgeous! I only checked out the Moderne while I was there. Miss you!
Post a Comment