Friday, May 23, 2008
School's out forever
I had to borrow Alice Cooper lyrics for my last day of school. He said the song was inspired by the greatest minutes of his life. He also performed this song with the Muppets. The Muppets totally got all of the cool guys back in the day. Sarah and I used to have a record with the Muppets and Johnny Cash in which he sang a duet with Miss Piggy. It’s the record I got in trouble for throwing at Sarah's head. Usually I can totally relate to this sense of elation; I get way more excited than kids for vacations and even for the end of the school day. I sometimes have to fight not to exit the building like Jack Black in School of Music where he runs out gleefully at the bell with his arms waving over his head. It’s going to be different knowing that summer break is fifteen months instead of the usual three for me this time. I’m totally going to miss being an important part of these kids' lives. Just yesterday, where would Brage be if I hadn’t said, "George, quit putting your butt in Brage’s face”? I like the silliness too. I was reviewing phrases yesterday, and the kids managed to give me all of their examples in sentences about speedos. Gerund Phrase: Wearing speedos is fun. Participial Phrase: Wearing our best speedos, we will celebrate the end of school. Appositive Phrase: Speedos, the miracle swimwear, are totally fashion forward. In the outside world nobody is that impressed with grammatical prowess or the ability to recite Romeo and Juliet, but with a middle school audience, I totally feel like a genius. They really are such a good audience. They love stories about my family; the one about the lion peeing on grandma is a crowd favorite. Well, I'm off to give their exams. I'll sure miss those guys.
Subscribe to:
Post Comments (Atom)
4 comments:
I think the name of the movie with Jack Black is School of Rock, not School of Music. :-) Love you Emily! I'll miss you more than those silly middle schoolers.
Hey there. I have never blogged before. I hogged one night in college but that was completely different. Thanks for admitting some threat of violence to me with the record. I couldn't go on letting everyone think I was so bad with the spit game. I did love that record though. I have yet to find two voices that blend so well than that of Miss Piggy and the great Johnny Cash. Don't worry, I'm still impressed with you. Well, gotta get back to work. Goodnight Goodnight, parting is such sweet sorrow. That I shall say goodnight till it be morrow. :)
I dunno Sarah...John Denver made an excellent appearance with the Muppets as well. I love Christmas.
School's out totally rocks on Guitar Hero, and in Dazed and Confused....all right all right all right!
Post a Comment