Friday, May 16, 2008

Exit Interview

It was a sad and weird last full week of school. I had my exit interview from human resources which oddly coincided with Toby’s exit interview on The Office. I didn’t get a rock that said "Suck it!" though. For my interview, they brought me into a dimly lit room and closed the doors and drew the shades. I really felt like I was about to get a massage. No massage though-they just asked me if I had any complaints about administration and gave me hugs and well wishes.
I’ve been putting off telling my kids about the move since Christmas with good reason. I spilled it today and started crying. I felt I had to tell them about the move to explain my behavior, previous crying, at their performance of Aladdin last night. The play really was good. Fog machines, gymnastics, magic carpet: it rocked. It was the emotional rendition of "A Whole New World" that sent me over the edge.

3 comments:

Anonymous said...

awe em! try not to think about our goodbyes, because i guarantee them to be even more messy! sorry, i'm not one to hold back the tears, so you're gonna get an ass load from me!

Anonymous said...

what's that saying..."it's not goodbye it's see you later" that totally applies.

Helly said...

Did you get a watch?