Saturday, April 10, 2010

Cuba Bound?


Even though I spent a full day at the airport and another full day on a jumbo jet pretending to travel to Cuba, I have no real plans to go there. Rather, I got another job as an extra in a movie set between the UK and Cuba. It turns out that pretending to travel is a bit easier than for real getting rained on all day.
My costume for this job wasn't nearly as impressive, but it was a lot more comfortable than the previous corset number. This role was defined as "eco warrior," which I think means hippie. Included were hot pink stretch pants, an embroidered kaftan, a big purple Indian scarf, sandals, and a plait (British for braid).
I was considered a double in this job, as the real actress was in Cuba, and I just got filmed for her airport scenes. The real actors assured me it would be hilarious when I saw the film, as she and I look vastly different. I can't wait to see who I turn out to be when I get to Cuba.
Other points of interest about the day: I walk behind and actor who looks like John Hagan, there was a harrier on the second set (thought grandma, Sarah, and Moe would think that was neat), my second husband from the last movie is seated near me on the plane, the jumbo jet we filmed on had in flight magazines from 2005, we were right next to the track where they tested cars for TopGear, and I learned new British word pfaffing as this was often used to describe how we were pfaffing around between takes.

10 comments:

NoSweatTravel said...

Grinning ear-to-ear! This sounds like so much FUN! Thanks for letting me live my Big Screen dreams vicariously through you!!! ;-)

Margaret said...

Was your second husband the one with the mustache? I can't imagine you wearing hot pink. This is going to be fun.

Julie said...

Hope they let you keep those pants--racy!

em said...

christine! it really was a lot of fun. is it still big screen if it's on a really small budget?

mom! my first husband had the fake twirly moustache. second husband has a real moustache and beard.

julie! they sadly wanted all their clothes back. ooh, also funny-in british, pants means underwear. and trousers are pants. :)

Jul said...

You have the best job ever.

Anonymous said...

that is too much emily. are you allowed cameras on set? probably not, huh? i'd love to see some behind the scenes stuff.

em said...

jul! it's a mix of neat and odd. with lots of time for chatting and free food. i wish you could join me.

ali! sadly, they kick you off without pay if you get caught taking any pictures, and i have no skill for being stealthy. i'll try to score some behind the scenes stories anyway :)

krhagan said...

So who is this actor that looks like my hubby?! :)

em said...

kiki! i can't find his picture on imdb so i may have to wait for the movie to come out to pinpoint the good-looking fella. hugs to you hagans!!!

Anonymous said...

That is hilarious!