Jen came in from Bichl this week. Where? Right here...
Her trip had a bit of a rocky start with a fatality on the rail forcing her off the Heathrow Express, causing her to miss the last tube run from Hammersmith, leaving her to figure out some night busses then wait in the dark for me to find her. I hadn't expected this turn of events but made a mad dash at one a.m. in my pjs and slippers to our joyous reunion.
Things were looking up by lunch time at Masala Zone, which we worried might be like the McDonalds of Indian but exceeded all expectations with its pink elephant wine, dancing dolls on the ceiling, and ample portions. That's not a dish we were sharing. That's just Jen's.
Upon leaving this store, we decided that we should be Sass and Belle, with Jen of course as the former. But I couldn't get across the street in ten seconds.
I curse myself for not documenting better, but this photo of Christmassy splendor is one of my last from the week, leaving me with no visual record of a fun dinner with Valentina, a great day at the Victoria and Albert Museum, I love that place, and other Britishy venues like used clothes at Oxfam and glam clothes at Topshop. I'll let you guess who felt more at home in each.
3 comments:
I am so honoured to have a post dedicated to me, the real hauswife of Bichl! I had such an incredible time with you and you are such a sweet hostess. PLUS the best part was finding my wedding jewellery with you- I'll keep that memory. I was a weak as a kittens paw at that moment. Cheerio belle!
I have really been enjoying your blog :) It was especially cool to see that you have family in Muskegon; that's where most of my family is from, too.
When you lived in Germany, how did the climate there compare to Michigan's climate? I would have emailed you but I didn't really see a way to do so.
A
aw jen, it was a stellar week, and your jewellery, beyond fabelhaft.
anon, thanks so much. i love muskegon, especially in summer and at christmas when my parents' house becomes a crazy shrine of electronic christmas noise and lights.
i found munich's climate a bit gentler than michigan's and am finding london gentler still.
my email is emilyderezinski@hotmail.com. :)
Post a Comment