but lovely for us as Charlene took me to the Soane Museum, an excellent museum in the home of the famous London architect with his collections. They unfortunately do not allow photography, but you can see a virtual tour of one room here. 
The museum is a most unusual place. They take great pains to preserve the home with a thorough check in procedure that allows only one person in at a time and causes lines to be hours long at times. We didn't have to wait that long, but I would have.
Charlene also took me to an adorable part of town with an unreasonably cute coffee shop selling these awesome map bags. I thought it was a clever way to remind me where I was and I had to get this one for Julie Christensen who also has many, many fabulous qualities, among them, an affinity for hot pink and wine like bums drink, stunning hussiness, and being a great hug giver. Her father-in-law mentioned that last one at her wedding and everyone at my table nodded in assent. In addition to being awesome and a key figure in every story I have about single life, she also introduced me to Jeremy. I wish everyone a friend like that too.
4 comments:
So did this Julie use the Mac n Cheez lure with you????
yes jen! she's totally the mac and cheese julie. and the julie who took me to the ill fated party with the mayor and the julie who earned money while paying cover charges.
Em you are the best. Really. I feel so honored to have been blogged.
The party with His Honor--he certainly was a lucky guy! I wonder if all public servants get love and hugs from stunning young lassies.
Did we go home early and have mac and cheese that night, or did we go dancing? I can't remember!
oh julie, there was no mac and cheese that night. nor dancing. i hope you've blocked the rest of the night from your stunning memory banks.
Post a Comment