Wednesday, May 13, 2009

The Trossachs

It's subtle, but do you see it? If so, you too may be a master rainbowspotter. I found a grand total of seven. This one might be easier.
Our next stop after the Isle of Skye was the Trossachs, and in route there, I was most excited to see Glencoe where parts of Harry Potter were filmed, where goblins traditionally met before rabblerousing, and where the Macdonald clan was massacred by the Campbell clan. I loved Glencoe. It was raining too hard to hike to Signal Rock, where the signal for the massacre was given, or to do another hike called the Devil's Staircase, but aren't those names great?  
Weather was more favorable though still a bit rainy in the Trossachs, where we got to wander around for a couple days finding Rob Roy's grave, waterfalls, the island where Mary Queen of Scots was hidden, ruined castles, and clan meeting places. But I think my favorite moment of the whole trip may have been when we were sat by a fireplace for lunch and got to dry out our boots while eating fish and chips. 

2 comments:

Sarah said...

You ate fish and chips?

em said...

ok sar, you got me. you're very astute when it comes to my dietary quirks. more specifically, jeremy had fish and chips, and i just had chicken and chips. i thought that might be too much detail to recount our whole order. it also came with a small salad.