Remember how Macbeth was the Thane of Cawdor? We got to see his castle where the current Thane of Cawdor lives. Jeremy was impressed that I recalled this bit of high school Shakespeare so I also tried to dazzle him with everything I remember about high school physics: you don't actually touch the ice when you ice skate due to a process called Regelation, standard pressure is 101.3 kilopascals, and I named at least three of the six quarks. Since Jeremy remembers and understands everything from high school physics, he was not so dazzled.
We stayed at this bed and breakfast with a wonderful lady who speaks five languages and has awesome dogs, ponies, and highland cattle. I want to be her when I grow up. 
And we took our first couple hikes in the area, here above Drumnadrochit, and broke in our now well worn rain gear.
4 comments:
HAPPY BIRTHDAY EM! I can't wait to celebrate on the deck of Dockers this summer. Mr. Abel would be so proud of your physics knowledge. Great pics. Love ya!
such funny looking animals. the rainbows are beautiful! the tabacco shop was cute, and the tavern spectacular. what a beautiful trip i just took, thanks to you guys and have the best b-day ever em.
love you
terri.
Hey Em, great pics. Happy birthday! Glad you & Jeremy had such a great time. I saw Mr. R Friday night, he said they're coming for a visit soon. Did you see the Monsterquest crew while you were there? Tell them I said hello and love their show.
lou-that's sweet, but i think mr. able might actually take back my physics award. and my birthday was super happy thanks! especially with your gifts keeping me fresh breathed and clear skinned.
tattoo-thanks so much! it makes me so happy that you like my pictures. i hope your birthday was awesome too. i was thinking of you!
helly-thanks man! no monsterquest sadly. we may have to go back. and t.r. was right, we have a bevy of guests en route and hope to have you two on the bandwagon soon too.
Post a Comment