Friday, April 3, 2009

Sunshine Daydream


I had to bogart a title from Jerry Garcia to express how lovely April has been.  My walk to and from my class on Schwanthalerstraße, which seems to have an inordinate number of sex shops and Apothekes, has been exceedingly pleasant as a result.  So today I brought my camera, and you can see how after my class, before 2 p.m. on a weekday, everyone in town is drinking a gigantic beer in the sun. I love that. I usually stroll through this area, the Viktualienmarkt, on my way to class so I can watch people setting up and getting the first view of everything including the artichokes pictured right. Did anyone see that Samantha Brown? Artischocke does kind of seem made up. 
I thought it was especially thoughtful of this sex shop/kabinen (booth?) /kino (movie) to provide a secure bike rack for their employees and patrons. And this great patch of flowers is on Maximillianstraße. While they aren't technically bluebonnets, they're a sure sign of spring. When do I get pictures of babies in the bluebonnets?  

3 comments:

Julie said...

I wish my local sex shop was as courteous and thoughtful. :) Wow does that beer look good!

Anonymous said...

em, would the samatha brown be the statue or the dogs in the pic with all those lovely beer drinkers? wish they were my neighbors!
love you,
terri

em said...

julie-yeah, some sex shops can be downright thoughtless. the beer isn't bad, but i think the obatza cheese is really where it's at. i would love to share some with you with a gigantic pretzel.

i talk like terri-samantha brown is a lady on the travel channel who speaks really awful german during the episode on munich. i'm sure if pressed, you too could find a neighbor or two who is also a beer drinker. :)