Monday, August 4, 2008

Meandering in Mittenwald


Our first stop this weekend was Mittenwald, a great Bavarian town known for violin making and ample hiking. We were way more interested in the latter.

The hiking was awesome. There was some serious uphill action, but the views and neat terrain and patches of snow and the charming mid mountain high restaurant more than made up for the strain on one's buttocks.

Prost! There's a rule that you have to look people in the eye when you say that to avoid some serious, serious consequences.   

Sorry for the posting lag, but thanks for the sweet reminders to update. I totally take requests.
 

2 comments:

Anonymous said...

I am shocked...you truly enjoy hiking over the centuries-old art of violen making? I bet if they had wine making that would have won, hands-down. Oh and can you play "Lady in Red"? That's one of my favorites. I used to request it all the time when my friend Kevin was working at the public radio station. Love ya, Em!

Helly said...

Prost! Even if you are drinking some strange mixture of cola and orange-flavored powdered drink. And especially if some sort of beet extract is involved.