Saturday, August 16, 2008

Maria Goes to Heaven; we go to Bamburg


Instead of heading south for the hills this weekend, we checked out the northern Bavarian town of Bamburg. What, you haven't heard of Bamburg? Okay, we didn't either, but the weather forecast there was good, and we discovered that this city is set on seven hills and that it was the capital of the Holy Roman Empire under Heinrich II. So he's got that going for him.   

There is also a great cathedral, and that horse guy to the left, the Bamberg Rider, dates back to 1230.

aww, Jeremy. Jeremy's birthday is coming up next Sunday so let me know if you have any good ideas. I may break with tradition and not throw a birthday party that causes him to yell at the toilet.  

4 comments:

Sarah said...

I know the perfect birthday present for Jeremy, a vacation to the lovely city of Cleveland, OH. We can hike throught the streets of downtown(well they are more like sprints than hikes), take pictures of the cute livestock,(that'd be the dead fish along lake Erie), and dine on fine cuisine (which for sure would have Jeremy yelling at the toilet). Sounds fun eh!!

Anonymous said...

now, now. i haven't yelled at the toilet in years. coincidentally, it was the last time i had cognac; it also put an end to my trying to acquire a taste for whiskey

Anonymous said...

I did not kill the fish in lake Erie. I would feel less paranoid if you didn't take pictures.

Anonymous said...

Margaret - you crack me up. I love the dead fish comments...
Jeremy - i love it when you scream at the toilets. It brings me back to when Maria and I visited you and Em in Houston. Aw...what memories.
Em - I think that you should take him to the nudie beach. It is something a bit different and you would both go home feeling really good about yourselves. It might also help him with his "greenish" coloring.