Friday, July 25, 2008

Fahrschule


In a different sort of school news, driving school may be in our future. Inexplicably, Germany has a state by state policy regarding one's driver's license.  If we still had our Michigan licenses, we'd be money.  The Germans must love Michiganders because they'll just trade licenses with no hassle.  Maybe they're endeared to us by our cute mitten shape or our generous deposit on pop cans. The policy toward Texans is not so friendly though. We have to go to driving school, pass a written and driving test, and take a six hour first aid class. None of these are free either. And let's face it, I might just squeak by if I had to pass a driving test in an automatic car. in Houston suburbs. in English. I think I may just roll with the U-bahn.  

5 comments:

Anonymous said...

em you are so smart i don't have a clue to what you are talking about have the time but i love the pics and feel like i am right ther with. miss and love you both
terri.

Anonymous said...

You are right Terri, Em is ridiculously smart. Have you ever driven with her though? j/k- love ya Em!

Anonymous said...

if i were a bettin' gal i would probably not put my money on you passin' this test. any other test, hands down you'd have it in the bag, but driving... not so much. sorry sister.

Sarah said...

Dude, just come visit us and change your Texas license to Michigan. Use mom and dad's address, everybody else does. (ha-ha)

Anonymous said...

Dear God! Driving. Don't they have decent public transportation that you can take, Em? I am recalling the horrible time we had trying to park while in Chicago for New Year's Eve...oh wait- I was driving. Never mind. I'm sure you'll do fine. Make sure to get a car journal started...that should prove to be interesting.