This week of classes taught me that adults who don't speak perfect English are different from middle schoolers, that it is acceptable to relate all of my lessons to beer (this was the basis of my entire lesson on how much [beer] vs. how many [margaritas]), that I should carry an umbrella everyday even if i'm on a bike, that the bürgerburo can be much less pleasant without a paid guide to assist you in English, and that i'm a sucker and i can't say no to people--which leads me to my pre-apology...
Lou and Jason, I'm so sorry, I tried to say no to teaching a lesson next Tuesday, and they acted like it was a two key system. They didn't accept my rejection and insisted that I teach this class. I tried to say no twice before I buckled like a child seat. I am so sad I have to miss out on an hour of hanging out with you guys. I can't wait until you get here and will not answer my phone the rest of the week lest they try to Jedi mind trick me into any more classes next week.
4 comments:
No problem Em! You must have kicked butt on your presentation if they want you to teach right away. Way to go! We cant wait to see you next week :)
Em, congrats on everything going so well so far. I'm sure it will be fine, we'll get to spend plenty of time together either way. I'm so excited for our European Vacation to start. Which reminds me, we're supposed to watch that before we go.
1) Em, I would have done a better job at the Kreisverwaltungsreferat had you offered to pay me. Still, 3 hours of waiting interspersed with my broken German wasn't so bad. Plus, you got a new pink sticker in your passport. You like pink.
2) Sarah, awesome news. They are opening a Vom Fass store in the US. Check it out! Who's up for a road trip?!?
VOM FASS
3236A University Avenue
Madison, WI 53705
USA
Telefon: (608) 204-0300
eMail: madison(at)vomfassusa.com
Internet: www.vomfassusa.com
I thought of European Vacation so many times on our trip. I'm excited about the VOM FASS in Wisconsin. Nothin says a party like cheeze curds, skin on weiners, and corked liquor. Miss you guys!!
Post a Comment