Sarah and Dave once moved to our car for a ride home from Uncle Tony's when Lou said, "it's a little more crowded with Crowders." It's so not true here though. Having family here is really the only thing Germany is missing. Other than my girlfriends and tex-mex. It's totally wunderbar to have Sarah and Dave here!
Sarah and Dave got in on Tuesday, without their luggage, and we took them on an adventurous ride home. Jeremy's still working on the finer points of manuevering the car, and our chatter proved a powerful distraction. Poor Jeremy. We went to the the English Garden and closed down the beer garden for their first night with us.
Their luggage came in the morning though ours remains missing in action. The biggest causualties are yes, my new j. crew coat, boo, my new awesome cold weather nike zip hoodie, argh, and all of both of our dress clothes, winter gear, and kitchen stuff. We did get Emil's desk and our fuzzy rug though, and we're just hoping that the rest of these things turn up eventually. I'm pretty worried that they fell into the ocean though. or that some box guy's wife is waltzing about in my hoodie and opening her bruskis with my stockinged leg bottle opener.
Wednesday was Sarah's birthday which does not count against her in a foreign country. Sar and Dave and I hit the old town while Jeremy was off on a trip to Thailand. They both showed amazing jet lag resilience and rallied for a beer garden trip to Hofbräukeller beer garden at night. This was after the midmorning beer garden and the lunch time stop at Hofbräuhaus beer hall which were essential to a tour of the old town. We're having so much fun! Oooh, and I got a job.
4 comments:
At the Hofbräuhaus?! :) Seriously...more about this job!!
I am so happy to hear Sarah and Dave are there and ready to party! Keep your adventures posted. How do you sing happy birthday in German? Its probably much tougher then in French. Tell us about your job :)
It probably sounds much more strict than in French. And I can't wait for the Wonder Bar, that place sounds bad-ace!
Oh...should we be strongly considering a carry-on only option at this point? I can handle it but I'm sure Maria will be complaining by the time our 3rd hour in Heathrow rolls around...
PS. My word verification for this one is pretty dicey. I'm fairly certain any decent email filter would catch this one.
Post a Comment