Tuesday, March 29, 2011

And we're back!

Aw, being home was so wonderful. So nice to see so many of the faces I love best. Nice enough to break me out of my blog funk and inspire me to live up to my promises, resurrect our page, and get some Redenii pictures back out there, starting with this beach shot.
Rach, Lou, and Ellis, you are so cute. The day was beautiful, and it was almost beach weather despite the snow. Before this, we were at Target. After this, we went to El Burrito Loco with tall fun Amy, Owen, Jackie, Holly, and Jason. A day can hold so much joy.
And then on to Bryan, Texas for a lovely visit with Guy, Christine, and Anna. The chicken here is just the appetizer chicken. Plenty more chicken and other meat would follow. Thanks for making every meal like it's our birthday. Leaving would have been tougher if we didn't already have a reunion planned for May. Yeah!
and our final leg in Houston with our stunning peeps. I missed you guys so much. I have such wonderful memories all over this city strewn with you folks.
I had really forgotten what it's like to have sunshine and warm all the time. and cute toes. ooh, and a car, which i promptly banged up. But just the undercarriage of the car, and the checker didn't bend down far enough to bust me. We purposefully vied for a checkout person who looked like he might not be that bendy.
Thanks so much everyone for making our trip home so incredible.

4 comments:

Tall Amy said...

Welcome home and welcome back to blogging. I had a great time at dinner with you and was thrilled to have captured you for a whole hour as we drove to the airport together. Owen was sad that "Snow White" couldn't join us in Florida, but we are happy to see that your time in Houston was great. Miss you already...

Maria said...

I am so glad you are writing on your blog again Em!! I just LOVE it. It was awesome to have you home last week and I can't wait to get you guys back in June:)

Bird said...

Yippee! I have some blog catching up to do. I'm so glad your blog isn't private anymore!

It was SO nice seeing you and getting to spend some QT together. Miss you tons. Love, Bird

em said...

amy! bwah, snow white. it was so cool to score a ride to the airport with you silvii! that's how i'm making you plural now. i can't wait to hear all about your florida adventures and send subtle hints to make a family trip here next.
lou! thanks so much chic! i hope you don't mind being the eye candy in your festive st. patty's ensemble. and by june, we will be able to run on the beach and eat picadills.
bird! yeah, i'm sorry that password business was such a hassle. then i quit writing because i couldn't think of anything that would merit using a password. nothing seemed passwordworthy. i loved hanging out with you so much!