Monday, August 16, 2010

Better Than Tickling Less

Along with historic pubs, chimney pots, Indian food, and double decker buses, another great thing about London is that it tends to attract so many people we like. This weekend, we got a visit from our friend Guy who was doing some work nearby in Essex. Guy brought a garlic press, a coffee grinder, the sharpest cutting knife in the world, and his charming Australian friend Simon.
Apparently, Guy had been getting a lukewarm reception at a pub he'd been frequenting. But Simon showed up, played their piano, and pretty much immediately had a fan club. It must be so lovely to go through life with an Australian accent.
I didn't manage to take any pictures of our pub crawl or our beautiful walk on Sunday, but I for some reason did capture our lunch including Appenzeller, Edel de Cleron, and Ticklemore, a cheese I picked based solely on its name.
We're keeping our fingers crossed that Guy can make a return trip next weekend. I'm also hopeful that this week I'll get to see my good friend Amber who recently moved here. She's been one of my favorite chics since we slung salsa together at Chi-Chi's Mexican restaurant when we were sixteen. I'm hopeful too that we'll start filming soon for that French gig I keep yammering about.

4 comments:

lips said...

Two trips and I'm still hoping for one...some Guy(s) have all the luck. ;-)

rachel said...

Em, what is the function of the antibiotic cream served next to the Prosciutto? That would have me a little nervous having ordered on the basis of an entertaining pronunciation!!

em said...

christine! sad not to have you here for this trip, but girl, i have some plans...

jeremy points out also that you're quoting rod steward.

rach! ha. it does indeed look like antibiotic ointment. i thought ointment sounded even funnier than cream. but it's in fact just some mayo that christine (lips that is) is a big fan of. squeezy mayo. i go all out.

lips said...

That Jeremy is so smart...and yes, I love, love squeezy mayo! Can't wait to hear about these plans; they sound mysterious in a good way.