Jeremy and I will have to plant some serious trees to offset the carbon footprint from his itinerary last week. I just joined him for the first leg with a Chunnel ride to Paris. It's incredible that I can have breakfast in London and get to Paris by lunchtime, crumpets to croissants in two hours with as many gels and liquids as you want.
I love Paris so much, likely because I have such great memories there from the summer we lived there for free and got to have two of my three awesome sisters visit. Like that summer, we rented a great apartment in the Marais with cool beams for way less than the cost of a hotel. Unlike that summer, we did not have eight people in a studio, nor did we wear matching brown outfits or sneak wine into Cafe Hugo.
You can see Jeremy there doing dishes.
I always thought this street was funny: the street of the cat who fishes. In my imagination, the cat lives on the street and pops over to the Seine with a fishing pole, inexplicably doing so in a yellow rain slicker.
We had a food agenda for the weekend including falafel on Rue de Rosiers, macarons, baguettes, cheese, crepes.... I've been doing a lot of spin classes since I got back.
December turned out to be a fabulous time to visit Paris. The weather was really mild, there weren't as many tourists, there were Christmas markets-much like in Bavaria but with French on their Lebkuchen.
And the lines in the museums that were not under rennovation or on strike were pretty short. I really dig the impressionists at l'Orangerie. Makes me miss Maria and Jason and think of one of my best days ever, spent riding bikes with them around Giverny.
So I headed home for an interview, and Jeremy carried on to a meeting in Amsterdam then a conference in Dubai. He brought me back great pictures:
This is at the Dubai Mall next to the world's tallest building. Apparently, they're big into malls. Jeremy compares it to the Riverwalk in San Antonio.

Fun picture of hookahs. I love pictures of brightly colored things in a row. He claims not to have smoked any.

And this one is funny because it says they put tobacco in a Bloody Mary.
3 comments:
I'm so glad you had a great Paris trip. I loved it so much there too. And, I forgot about sneaking wine into Cafe Hugo. That seems like an awesome thing to do. I can't wait to come visit you!! I'll see you in a week. Lots of love.
Sooo many great adventures.....
This gives me the fantastic idea that we should meet in Paris and dine exclusively on Laduree macarons for days. You in? I'm serious.
Post a Comment