Monday, August 3, 2009

Time to change my blog name

After lots of fun hoopla, we finally departed from Munich. ahhh Munich. I am really excited about our move and being a Londoner but separately kind of heartbroken about leaving. For the obvious reasons, most notably, the awesome people we've been lucky enough to get to know, pretzel bread, unbelievable hiking, charming biergartens, the allure of fun words with umlauts, death defying sledding, ideal biking, dirndl wearing, magical snowy Christmas markets, inexplicably frequent festivals leading to dancing in the street, sometimes even coupled with catching jelly doughnuts in the air. And for more surprising reasons like missing our five flights of stairs and our miniature grocery store and my grouchy drycleaning lady.

I'm also a big fan of Houston though and happy to be here amidst some of my favorite girls, extraordinarily friendly strangers, and crazy heat. It's been kind of tedious clearing out our storage unit the last couple days but a little fun to revisit all of our stuff. And we're pretty excited to find out that our bid was accepted on our apartment in London. Come September 5th, we officially have a very, very small but cute guestroom with your name on it. 

6 comments:

krhagan said...

Congrats on the apartment! Can't wait to see you on Friday!!

Expats Again said...

I know this day will come for us one day too, so I am going to enjoy all that I can of Munich's lifestyle while I can. You summed up her personality so well in your post. Meanwhile, enjoy London and all she has to offer. One day, her memories will be as sweet.

Tom B said...

How about EMgland - like Em and England combined? No? I guess that does sounds kinda physiological... I know - MichigEM! Oh, I forgot, you aren't coming home ever... :(

Tom B

nicgk said...

Yeah, so ummm ... your post, while touching, cute, teary eyed and emotional and stuff, said absolutely nothing about what the winning new blog name will be ...


Word Verification: 'Rantac'

"Hey, how do you keep your ant farm cool in the summertime?"

"Rantac"

"Oh ..."

NoSweatTravel said...

WE MISS YOU!!!!! But we are very happy to have a London hook-up ;-) Congrats on your new diggs....and new blog name? How about "Traipsing with Trollops"? No? Too harsh? What about Tarts? There are just too many new and fun nasty words to play with!!!! I could go on but afraid it only goes downhill from here!!!! XOXO

em said...

kiki-you're awesome! my london walks cards are the coolest!

expats-yes yes, enjoy it like crazy. you really can't go to too many festivals.

tomb.-i'll be home the last week of august. you'll have to come out to wolf lake man.

nick-thanks for the rantac clarification. definitely funny upon explanation!

christine-i kind of like trollops and tarts. :)