Tuesday, August 25, 2009

Chateau of Dreams

I borrowed the post title from the name of our rental house in Maryland where I was joyously reunited with my family for my awesome cousin Amy's wedding. not to be confused with tall fun Amy. also awesome. 
I've been dying to spend time with my family and couldn't have been happier to see them again. Here my nieces and nephew are playing catch the carebear, and ingenious rendition of the simpler version, hide the carebear, involving propelling said bears from the ceiling fan. 
And my sisters, cleaned up a bit. 
The wedding was in a most gorgeous location, likely the most spectacular barn in the world in the sweetest setting. 

with super sweet flower girls. 

And isn't my cousin Amy stunning? And her salesperson was quite right. Her dress did make her butt look good. 

4 comments:

Anonymous said...

YEAH! You are still alive - I was going to send out a search party if I did't see an update this week!

I really think you missed your calling in life as a photographer. While I am sure your english teaching skills are superb, I really just love all of your pictures!

Can't wait to see London captured through your lens.

-Kristin

Ellis said...

it was awesome to have been there it was a beautiful wedding and the house you bought was awesome too

Anonymous said...

you girls clean up nice. :-) miss you em.

em said...

awww, thanks kristin! i know i've been totally negligent but plan to improve soon. it's my job to get our wifi connected for when we move in tomorrow. i ought to get on that. like the animals are getting on their path to world domination.

ellis, i'm so glad you like the house. truly though, i did not actually buy it. just a rental. if i were going to buy, i think i'd have gone for one of the more cleverly named cottages like Lake-adaisical or Lodgical Choice.

ali, miss you like crazy. when do i get a smorgasbord of pictures of your new cute house?