So in Rome this weekend, I was happy to chat with the many Irishmen celebrating their team's victory in rugby. In the midst of one conversation about how lovely people in Dublin are, this nice Irishman stopped mid-sentence and asked why I'd spend any time talking to him when I'm there with someone as good looking as Jeremy. "Yer married to Tom Cruise there, are ya?"
Monday, February 16, 2009
Erin Go Bragh!
Favorite thing about Ireland: exuberant friendliness. I have never been in the midst of such cheerfulness without fear of social awkwardness. Loved Paddy, the sweet elderly lady who struck up a conversation from across the aisle of the plane, the gregarious Irishman at the National Gallery who took it upon himself to welcome us to Ireland with hearty handshakes and questions about our Irish descent, the painter whose conversational starter was "Taken pictures today, are ya?" exceedingly adorable salespeople who say things like, "Would you care for any flowers today, luv?"
Subscribe to:
Post Comments (Atom)
3 comments:
That is too funny! But now that I think about it, Jeremy DOES sorta look like TC. Only taller, so that's a good thing. Sorry if you hate Tom. He is crazy.
Tom Cruise WISHES he could be as cute, and as tall, as Jeremy.
ha, thanks girls! tom is a bit whack, but it seemed very complimentary. as do your comments. :)
Post a Comment