- If you stall a car in front of the tram, it can still totally stop in time to avoid a T-bone collision. which is nice.
- It is unlikely I will muster the courage to drive here.
- The Smurfs still exist in Germany, but their name is Schlümpfe, and they appear on the jar of a brand of mustard. On the bottle, Papa Smurf smurfs another smurf playing soccer a yellow card.
- Even the unpleasantness of carrying six liters up four flights of stairs will not deter me from buying and drinking diet coke.
- When checking eggs for broken shells, it's not that unusual to find big feathers.
- If you want to use Pam, you have to locate the American goods section where you can also find marshmallow fluff, barbeque sauce, and peanut butter, and pay over seven dollars.
- Having access to non-stick spray seems worth it.
Saturday, June 28, 2008
V Markt
The V Markt is Germany's answer to the Wal-Mart, probably somewhere between said megastore and a Family Dollar. We decided we needed to take Jeremy's new car for a spin and to stock up on groceries since our neighborhood grocery store is quite a bit smaller than G&J market and always crazy busy with people who are frustrated that I can't check out faster. There was a band in lederhosen playing oompah music in the store, which is a lot like polka, very festive, and I dug it. And to copy Jason's format, this is what I learned from the experience:
Subscribe to:
Post Comments (Atom)
4 comments:
The tram was coming at us like the steam- roller scene from Austin Powers. It was awesome! However, I was improving throughout the day. I stalled the car 4 times on the way to the store and only once on the way home. But, the poor car must feel totally lost on me so far -- so many stalls in so little driving and I've only used 4 of 6 speeds.
Ah....the infamous gigantic Bavarian chickens. If you encounter one, do not look it in the eye.
Maybe hefty smurf can help you with the stairs. DO NOT open any unidentified presents on your doorstep!
So, does the V Markt screw over all their employees, is most of their stuff from China and do the owners of the cute little food stands hate it there? Or, do they suck it up for the free music and the hope that Gargamel Salsa will make a comeback.
Post a Comment