with the sound of...clanging?
Those cows aren't sneaking up on anybody with their crazy big cowbells. It really was that loud.
It was great to hike in the mountains outside of Munich; they were really the selling point of the city. It did cost over sixty euros for gas and a German In-Touch magazine on the way home, and I don't think the cost was evenly distributed. I'm working on translating an article about how Posh is jealous of David's success. Ah yes, then we watched Germany's soccer team suffer a painful defeat against Spain. We learned that the German guys we were watching this with don't seem to care for Kevin Kuranyi who looks a little like the Jesus from the Big Lebowski.
This week is starting so well. I got the best news ever from home. It might not be the kind of news one posts, but it's seriously super awesome good news. Literally a dream come true! And the good news keeps rolling in. Our stuff has arrived. not at our place still regrettably, but it's in the country, and I'll be able to wear a different outfit soon. And I figured out the subway today despite their intricate system of stripes for varying numbers of stops. Okay, it's not that intricate but today was the first day I was brave enough to go at it unassisted. And I am only one week away from Crowders!
3 comments:
Em has mastered the public transport here; I'm proud of her! Like most things here it's complicated, but works well once you figure it out. There are about 5 different kinds -- U-bahn, S-bahn, Tram, Bus, and Train. The U-bahn alone has about 10 different types of tickets with fun names like Streifenkarte, Einzelkarte, Kurzstreckekarte, etc. With her mastery of this complex system, she now has the power to show any of our visitors about the city. So what are you waiting for? Come visit!
8 year olds, dude.
OH man, that video was hilarious.
Wendy
Post a Comment