Sunday, September 4, 2011

Sunniness in Notting Hill

Thanks for the invite, McCooeys! We got to spend this uncharacteristically sunny Saturday with great company in this beautiful garden in Notting Hill. Wendy's garden, which was once .4 miles from our old flat, is now a 4.1 mile hike. It was a great day for hoofing it though. And I got to give my new hiking backpack some play.
The day was so stunning, and we appreciated it more knowing that there won't be too many more like it. I think you're the only one who gets excited for cold weather, Jul. So we stayed outside for a long while. Made Mike miss the game. 
And carried on at Otto's before catching a bus home. We intended to hike back but with bellies full of pizza easily fell prey to the lure of the 31 to Swiss Cottage.

2 comments:

Jul said...

I'm comfortable with my uniqueness.

If there must be sunniness, I'm glad someone was enjoying it. Looks like it was lovely!

em said...

yes, your uniqueness is pretty awesome. i just wish that sunny and chilly days were like feuerzangenbowle and heisse caipi, and we could just swap them.