Wednesday, September 28, 2011

Munich Day 1: Oktoberfest Rides


(shoot, I'm having trouble making my video work, but here's a picture until my tech help comes home.)

Oktoberfest Rides aren't just fun for the participants; they're pretty hilarious for the spectators. We began our fun by camping outside this giant slide where the real fun for spectators is watching people ascend a shaky conveyor that leaves many people on their butt. Not that there's anything wrong with that. Our friend Scott is the first guy in tracht (traditionally awesome clothes) who finds his footing midway. I couldn't tell while taking the video, but Jeremy is the one right after him who doesn't fare so well. 
Poor Jeremy. Here I am ass-essing the damage. The hyphen in ass-ess was Julie's idea.
We also perused Oide Wiesn, the old timey part of Oktoberfest which has its own tent and biergarten area
and more traditional, less scary rides that can still make a person want to hurl. The swings just didn't treat me right.
We thought the third verboten item was funny: riding in a drunken condition.

No comments: