Monday, September 26, 2011

Art Buying

While I got to pretend to be a buyer at an art auction in a movie last week, I for real got to buy art from the infamous Julie this week. Infamous is when you're more than famous. like El Guapo. You can see her art blog here and you can even buy your own original Julie painting here.   
I'm pretty jazzed about owning my second Julie painting; here is the zoomed out view of its placement. I agree it's a little weird that we have our microwave above the fridge.
I'm so taken with these onions or Zwiebeln in German. I love how Julie uses colors so creatively. I'm partial to the splash of blue in the top right corner, and I love the texture of the hairy bits of the onion. Awesome achievement of hairiness, Jul. As an additional enticement, she even wraps it with a sassy sticker.

4 comments:

Jul said...

I am so honored to have inspired a Three Amigos reference. And to have my painting hanging in your fancy kitchen!

Anonymous said...

I love the painting! I also love your kitchen. Your stove is beautiful!

Birdy said...

Your kitchen is so cute!

em said...

jul! of course, my little buttercup. i think i should also mention my very expensive chairs.

julie! thanks so much mama, i wish i had more stove related skills. i need to learn how to make pieroges so you can come over and we'll have our own polkafest. with crowns. possibly feathers too.

birdy! i'm dying to catch you for skyping! thanks girl, and tons of love!