Thursday, June 23, 2011

Elstree Studios

I think I've been to all the big studios now: Longcross, Leavesden, Pinewood, Shepperton, and as of this week, Elstree. I think one of my favorite things about being an extra is having an excuse to take trains new places, and I loved this trip to Elstree, the studio where Starwars, Indiana Jones, Superman, and Labyrinth were filmed. (You remind me of the babe. What babe? The babe with the power? What power? The power of voodoo. Who do? You do...) There are neat movie posters and memorabilia around the cute town, including this Harrison Ford star.

Fittings can be a ton of fun or give you a foreboding of a horrible outfit or unflattering hairstyle you have to wear, and this one was extraordinarily fortunate. I tried on my share of unseemly navy suits with brass buttons before getting a cute black kneelength sleeveless dress that fit like pajamas. I do have crazy big heels, but otherwise I anticipate being pretty comfortable. Some exceptionally cool people are in my scene too, so I'm looking forward to spending a couple days hanging out with them to boot.

2 comments:

Maria said...

"I saw my baby, crying hard as babe could cry...what should I do?" Love that David Bowie!! I can't wait to hear more about the movie Em.

em said...

doesn't it make you want to dress your baby in stripes? i promise to give the full scoop on my abduction straight away. like i, in six short days, need your full scoop! love you!