Tuesday, April 26, 2011

Cornwall Hikes: Day 2

Our first hike on day 2 was around Cape Cornwall, starting in the old mining town of St. Just on the far western edge of the country. 
I'm wearing Cape Cornwall on my head here. 
The whole coastal path is well marked and has charming gates and convenient stairs.
But there can be obstacles on the path that cause detours.
Our next short hike was to St. Michael's Mount, an island fortress with a footpath that is passable only at low tide.  
We visited the town of Penzance next, where I had to check out all the neat pirate lore. Jeremy agreed to this but was tougher to talk into a visit to Mousehole. Especially after I admitted that I just wanted to go because I like the name Mousehole, pronounced Mowzle.
Instead, we visited St. Ives for our final hike of the day where there were beautiful beaches on every side of the peninsula, beaches I trudged through a little too tired to properly appreciate. 

No comments: