Sunday, September 12, 2010

What a week I'm having!

I'm quoting Dr. Kornbluth from Splash here. For me though, it was an exceptionally great week. I've gotten a record number of calls this week and booked some really fun stuff. On Friday, a commercial for Saab that will be at their exhibition in Paris. It was my first commercial and by far the most fun work I've had. I think I'll be able to post this one when it comes out, and unlike most stuff I do, you'll totally see me. It was really active, and I got to push things across stage alone while being directed. So so fun.
Then the last two days I've riding around London in a taxi driven by a professional stunt driver, narrowly avoiding hitting Mr. Bean at various junctures. My stunt driver had such lovely manners. After every swerve, he'd check, "all right, Luv?". I was fine. And I got to wear my own clothes for both jobs which was pretty nice too.
And I met so many nice people with great stories about their extra work: a sweet Japanese girl who was cast as a Thai prostitute in the second Bridget Jones movie, a guy from San Francisco who was a gladiator, my stunt driver who usually rolls and crashes cars and who was a double for John Hannah. We had tons of time for chatting while sitting in the pub waiting for filming.

8 comments:

WMMc said...

Sweet stuff Em!

Julie said...

I think you should go to Paris. Maybe people will recognize you as the girl in the commercial--fun!

Sarah said...

Bocci Balls! Aww, miss you Em. Glad things are going well. I was going to do a quote with the moron twins, but seeing as I do have twins, I didn't think it would be appropriate. Molly and Nick's new favorite movie is the first Harry Potter. I keep telling them what a star their aunt Emily is. :)

Jul said...

Yay! I love hearing about your burgeoning career. Next please star in something I can see on German TV or the internet.

PS - Don't get whiplash.

krhagan said...

How fun Em! Can't wait to see your commercial!! I am anxiously awaiting HP so I can spot you too.

Maria said...

The Little Boat!!! Not sure how to tie that into the amazing week you are having. Soooo looking forward to seeing your comercial. Luv ya!

Jenny Wren said...

I love these references! You ladies make me want to drop change on the deck and look up your skirts!

I agree on Julie's Paris idea. Girl's weekend? I see us in scarves and sunglasses and then just the right moment at the outdoor cafe...you slip off your disguise and we'll start the flashbulbs.

Maybe we can get you the soundtrack of the commercial and be playing it quietly, subliminally- as we walk around the city. That or a cardboard cut out of a taxi that you can strap on.

em said...

thanks girls! y'all make a great week even greater. especially with images of you upskirting, jen. so cute. and way to work "strap on" in a friendly context.