When I showed up at my fitting for a 1960's outfit yesterday, I was thinking polyester, platform shoes, tie dye, bell bottoms, the smell of Otto's jacket. But the outfits were so much cooler than I imagined. downright shagadelic. I can't even think about them without playing this in my head.
I regret nothing more about this job than being unable to take pictures of the neat stuff I get to wear. I tried to find an equivalent outfit and thought the middle chic's get-up was pretty close. I have a similar shape shirt in shimmery turquoise and my skirt is a great original psychadelic print which I love despite it's unflatteringly poofiness and shortness. I guess it's like the left one too. Shoes are just like this in white with a great plastic white purse to boot. And a bra with no underwire or padding. They come that way? too much information?

I was jazzed leaving wardrobe, but upon getting to hair and make-up discovered that a big ole pilgrimmy kerchief was in my future. Really, is that a typical style?
Doh, I guess so. Mom, didn't you make me wear something similar as a small child? I get a beehive under it this time. Today was just fitting, but I'll have filming stories to follow in the next week or so.

3 comments:
Fun! I SO wish you could take pictures...
bird! i SO wish i could take you with me. you'd be adorable in 60's garb.
Update on this one too: I did not have to wear this outfit or this headwear fashion don't. I got a cute but plain dress and another variation upon the beehive.
Post a Comment